How to transfer from Rhino.Geometry.Brep to GH type brep

Might be a stupid question here. But I have been researching for hours and still can’t make it work. Thank you.

I want to use offset brep (Brep.CreateOffsetBrep) from RhinoCommon to offset a brep
https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoCommon/html/M_Rhino_Geometry_Brep_CreateOffsetBrep.htm

I tried to use the component in Parakeet but it doesn’t support negative number (offset inwards)
So when I used the python code below it outputs a Rhino.Geometry.Brep type how can i change it to the grasshopper brep type?
I tired Grasshopper.Kernel.Types.GH_Brep(b) but not really working
Maybe not the correct command. Not really a coder here. Thanks for any help.

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
import Rhino
import scriptcontext
import Grasshopper

brep = rs.coercebrep(x)
a=Rhino.Geometry.Brep.CreateOffsetBrep(brep, 0.2, True, True, 0.01)
#a=Grasshopper.Kernel.Types.GH_Brep(b)

Also is this code correct for using offset brep? Thanks

I’d not use rhinoscriptsyntax in GHPython. The easiest way to get what you need is to right-click on your component input x and set type hint to BRep. Conversion will be done for you.

Thank you for the reply
I switched to c#, but getting a “no overload method takes 5 argument” error
the original method has two out parameters im not sure what to put in
Thank you so much

public static Brep CreateOffsetBrep(
Brep brep,
double distance,
bool solid,
bool extend,
double tolerance,
out Brep outBlends,
out Brep outWalls
)

my code:

You need to out your Blends and Walls. I’m pretty sure Parakeet is using this method as well so the negative issue will likely still remain.

This method has been put into a component many times on the forum. You can get it here if you are having issues coding it: Pufferfish "Offsrf" component : screwy result

Thank you so much! The Parakeet one still not working but the Sasquatch one works.
I tried experimented with many different settings and found tolerance value is the problem
It is still wired only very few very specific discrete tolerance value work, like 0.02, 0.14…
I used to try 0.01 and 0.3 that’s why nothing shows up
but I am satisfied at this moment
Thank you

GH_Convert.ToGHBrep()

Thanks! Looking for this for days