How to solve the Warning: rigid body modes in the system?

Hello,

I have to work with Grasshopper at university and I am still a total beginner. When I try to calculate the model with Karamba, I get the following error message: “1. There are 7 rigid body modes in the system. This means some parts can move freely without causing deformation. Try to use the ‘Eigen Modes’-component and activate the display of local coordinate axes: The first eigen-mode will be the rigid body motion.
If this does not help, check whether you have a pinned support directly attached to a hinge. A hinge introduces an extra node which may cause the problem. When analyzing a flat shell structure one has to lock the rotation perpendicular to the plate in at least one node.”

I tried to solve it, but didn’t manage to.

Also when I created the grid shape of the structure, I didn’t manage to make the structure into a grid in one piece, but had to sort of muddle the upper and lower parts together.

Maybe someone has a hint or can help me in any way.
Thank you so much!
Eigenes Projekt V.gh (711.0 KB)

soon or later, someone who is expert in Karamba will answer you on this thread or the other identycal one

meanwhile, hopefully this can be of help, here is a search of this very problem on this forum:

https://discourse.mcneel.com/search?q=Try%20to%20use%20the%20%27Eigen%20Modes%27-component%20and%20activate%20the%20display%20of%20local%20coordinate%20axes%20order%3Alatest

and here link to other similar threads in the old forum:

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=594631349&sxsrf=AM9HkKkauehwbUB15jM0ps2N94G85Yqpjg:1703965777771&q=grasshopper3d.com+Try+to+use+the+'Eigen+Modes'-component+and+activate+the+display+of+local+coordinate+axes:+The+first+eigen-mode+will+be+the+rigid+body+motion."&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbvZKX97eDAxWniv0HHQO3CYEQBSgAegQIChAC&biw=1486&bih=767&dpr=1.25#ip=1

Thank you so much!! I’m going to check it out!!

hi your curves are not connected properly. The connected parts components show that you have multiple branches. Make sure your curves are split at their intersections