How to select elements by scope-box?

I would like to select elements by the scope box, I have set it up in Revit ScopeBox for each building in this case B1

not sure why it does not work, - what am I missing?

seems like BoundingBox is not null…

So the “Scope Box” geometry is a series of lines. Grab the start points from those lines (it will give you all the 8 points of the box) and throw that into the filter component:

4 Likes

In addition
Is there a way to use ScopeBox for our current model but get all elements from Linked model?

See this

Query Elements is a document-aware component: https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/beta/guides/revit-docs#document-aware-components

2 Likes

There is a post related to this here.

Is not strictly the same since ‘BoundingBox Filter’ filters using an Axis aligned bounding box and the scope-box may be rotated.

RiR-QueryElements-BBox.gh (27.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi All,

Just adding to the discourse here. I tried doing a similar worklflow to extract the “bounding box” of the scope box from revit based on the previous post and was unable to extract the lines.

I am using the latest release of Rhino Inside Revit.

I was however successful in extracting the specific geometries captured in the scope box by using the “Element View Geometry” component - and creating a bounding/union box from the extracted geometries. See screenshot attached.

Hi @J_Irawan,

Version 1.5 on the Release candidate channel allows you to extract the oriented box using ‘Bounding Box’ component from Grasshopper.