How to save toolbars?

Had a crash just now, the file was recovered fine, but I lost the custom toolbar I was working on for hours…

I did save the file with this new toolbar, but only one button remained on it after the crash.
is there a way to separately save toolbars? [I can’t seems to find any here on the Mac]

thanks a lot
Akash

Hi Akash -

I can repeat the issue of losing customizations after a crash → RH-70666 Containers: UI Customizations are lost after crash
I suppose that, as it works now, things are saved when you exit Rhino. We’ll see if anything can be done about that.

There is not, no. I suppose this is somewhat part of RH-69550 Toolbar: Linking RUI files messy…
But I’ve also commented that in RH-70666.
-wim

Thanks for filing it up

I’ve been avoiding closing the WIP [for fear of loosing the tools]. but as you suggest, they are actually not saved until I exit…?

Update : So tried closing the WIP and reopen. and 3 out of 7 tools lost their svg image… [there’s a grey x instead of the image so I suppose the macros were at least kept [weird and unpredictable behavior ]
Update 2 … no luck also the Macros are gone.

Akash

Hi Akash -

I take it this is not when Rhino is crashing.
Is there some pattern to which macros and icons disappear and which don’t?
Are there steps with which you can reproduce this behavior?
-wim

Yes @wim, tools are lost on normal closing of the WIP.
it happened twice now for sure.
I somehow suspect it has to do with this weird library with the long name
it may have duplicate macros to the one I’m adding… or something related that the new UI does not like.
[unlike the windows users, Mac users lost all their custom tools in the transition to the the containers world.] that library is somewhat the remains of the old tools.

Hi Akash -

Are you still running into this?
-wim

Hi Wim
I haven’t re-tried this since the time of the above post… was waiting to let the UI mature.

I can try this again in a few days time and will update here. [Traveling]

thanks a lot
Akash