How to push multiple plug-ins within one Yak package

Hi

How to push multiple plug-ins within one package.
How should i structure my package folder? Do i need a manifest.yml for each plug-in or one manifest.yml for the whole package?

Like:

Version 1:

C:\Users\Lozo\dist\bunch-1.0.0-rh7_18-any.yak
├── Plugin_01.rhp
├── Plugin_02.rhp
├── Plugin_03.rhp
├── manifest.yml
└── misc/
    ├── LICENSE.txt
    └── README.md

Version 2:

C:\Users\Lozo\dist\bunch-1.0.0-rh7_18-any.yak

└── Plugin_01/
    ├── Plugin_01.rhp
    └── manifest.yml
└── Plugin_02/
    ├── Plugin_02.rhp
    └── manifest.yml
└── Plugin_03/
    ├── Plugin_03.rhp
    └── manifest.yml

If it is version1, do i put a unique GUID in the manifest.yml or ie. that of plugin_01?

Thanks

Can anybody help with this? @will ?
I don’t want to push stupid stuff to the server and the test packages i pushed to the tests server does not show as per-release in the packagemanager so i could test different attempts…

Sorry for the slow response, @seppeldue. Your “version 1” above is the right way to go, if you want to include multiple plug-ins in a single package. There should only be one manifest.yml file in the package and it should be directly in the directory that you call yak build from. The plug-ins should also be in the same directory as Rhino won’t load plug-ins from sub-directories of a package. See “The Anatomy of a Package”.

There’s a test server at https://test.yak.rhino3d.com that gets wiped daily if you want to try things out. See the note at the end of the “Pushing a Package to the Server” guide.

2 Likes

Thank you @will !

I did push version1 to the test server and expected it to show as pre-release in package manager.
Maybe it is a good idea to say in the tutorial that the test server does not allow to install packages…

1 Like