How to optimise details in grasshopper

Hello,

I’ve made this balustrade script for a project and I’m happy with the outcome. However, once I bake all of the objects the file size bloons leading to each floor level within my design being around 1GB each, I was wondering if there is a way to optimise the spiral column detail in any way within the grasshopper script? I was thinking possibly making a lowpoly sub-d which follows the design, but I am unsure how to do so?

Spiral column detail

I’ve also provided the most complex outline for reference which is currently 277 MB alone:

If you have other ways to possible reduce the file size I’m open to suggestions! I just suggested the optimsation of the spireal column detail as it adds the most amount of memeory to the file!

Note: the following plugins are: Parakeet, Human, Flexibility and Lunchbox.

GH file: Balustrade_Walkway_Design_240524_(Help).gh (199.6 KB)

Thanks!

I would try and mesh the column using only the initial.mesh quads option. All other mesh parameters set to 0. And then only insert.thenmesh version not the nurbs version until needed.

This is a classic problem if needing multiple representions in AEC because of file size.

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion, is the ‘initial.mesh quads option’ command in Rhino or a component in Grasshopper? I’m not familiar with this.

I should clarify that I don’t need the final result to be a NURBS at all, so I’m fine with everything being mesh, with the main aim being to try to optimise the memory size. I’m still learning grasshopper too so, I’m sure I’m missing something to improve there as well!