How to change the units of just the dimension measurement values

Hi!

I have a model built in mm but have um scale geometries. So when I measure distances I get something like seen in the attached picture (0.06 mm). The thing is that I want to see at least two more decimals. So, how do I increase the number of decimals shown (which might not be the best solution because I may end up getting 4, 5 or even 6 decimals) or how do I change the scale (to um) of just the value shown in the dimensions (therefore I would get 59.8 instead of 0.06)?

Thanks!

Rui

Hi Rui - this is set in the annotation style for the dimension -

-Pascal

Hi Pascal!

Thanks for the reply for I had already tested that:
and still I get what I wrote in my post. :confused:

Rui

Hi Rui - please post and example file - note the change needs to be made in the annotation style that applies to the dimensions you’d like to change - there are several, by default.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal.

I’m not sure what you mean by “in the annotation style that applies to the dimensions you’d like to change” but I’ll create an example file with this issue (?) and I’ll upload it ASAP.

Thanks!

Rui

I can’t set the dimension unit to micrometers but there’s the option to use a length factor 1000

Well, the first couple of tests seem to be showing that closing and reopening Rhino increase the previously defined number of decimal places.

I’ll do so more testing to make sure it’s set now.

Thanks!

Hi!

Yep. for some reason it only worked after closing and reopening the software. Doesn’t make much sense to me but anyways…

Thanks!

Rui