How to change avatar image?

hi @jomaxro it has been now another 24 days, i dont want to sound impatient and yes its not very important but i am actually longing to use my old avatar or at least a proper modified one since i only came to help out and inserted some test avatar. it seemed @Modeler3D was rather urgent to replace his.

anyway this has been going for around 6 weeks and we actually dont know how long this problems exists for but we have not solution to date, can you guys have another look? it seems that @sam also never showed up, so i hope that somebody feels obligated to this problem at all.

Hi @RichardZ,

I am Arpit from Discourse team and I am looking into this issue right now. I pushed a very relevant fix yesterday:

And I just deployed that fix here on this instance. I am debugging the issue right now and will update as I have more updates.

Hi again @RichardZ,

I think yesterday’s patch fixed this issue here as well. Can you try logging out and logging in again? Thanks!

I left, have come - the avatar was updated :smiley: Many thanks!

1 Like

hi @discourse seems to work now thanks. i still have one question i would like to use an alpha channel and i have been trying like crazy to get it going with the correct size 120 x 120 px but it just would not work, in the end i even tried the avatars from 2 people who have this but it seems that it does not save the channel anymore already in the accounts, it gets black instead of alpha. you also have an alpha, any chance enabling this option again or what am i doing wrong?

Sorry @RichardZ, I do understand the “alpha” you are referring to here. Can you please explain?

hi @discourse sure, you have a transparent image in your avatar how did you achieve this? i tried with png 24 bit and 8 bit enabling transparency but the background gets black as soon as i upload it.

I think mine is coming from Gravatar. However avatar is controlled by SSO payload on this instance, so not sure why your image is being manipulated.

My avatar won’t do any of my work for me! Do I need to replace it with a more motivated one so I can get some work done?

:smirk:

yes, but only you :wink:

Is it possible to add a link in the discourse user setting to the account setting so that it become easier to understand where to update avatar image