How do you undo the EditPtOn command?

Hi everyone,

I have been going through a tutorial (Dana Buscaglia, Rhino 6.0 for Jewelry, p. 375, to be exact), and I learned about the EditPtOn command.

I learned that this command can be invoked either by typing it on the Command Line or via the appropriate button on the Standard tabbed toolbar.

This is a very useful command, to be sure. But I cannot figure out how to turn it off. I looked at the help screen, but that does not provide an answer — at least, not that I can discern.

So, please, how do I turn off the EditPtOn command so that control points are not forced to lie on the curve?

Thank you.

Stanley

Hi Stanley. The ESC key should do it.

An alternative is the PointsOff command. Or right click on the icon used to turn on the edit points.

The Edit Points are not the same as the control points.

Hi Chuck and David,

Yes, both of those methods turn off the control points (and so does F11).

The problem is that the next time I turn the points back on, they are still on the line. I cannot figure out how to turn on the control points so that they are not off the line, which of course is the default situation.

Stanley

Hi David,

First, I did not realize that the edit points differed from the control points. I need to get this issue clarified in my minds.

In any event, I have the same issue. When I turn the points back on, they are always on the line.

Stanley

In any event, I have the same issue. When I turn the points back on, they are always on the line.

If it is a line then edit points and control points will always be on the line. Show your geometry so we know what you are talking about.

OK. Here is the file. I have everything turned off except for the one object that I have labelled “arc and arc base.”

RevolvedRingBand.3dm (572.7 KB)

With control points on they do not lay on the curve. I am not sure what issue you are having.
Annotation 2019-12-26 115607

Hi Chuck, David, and Michael,

OK. I was getting something mixed up. Everyone is right, and I am wrong. There is no problem.

Thank you.

Stanley