Having trouble making a surface from closed curves that don't all intersect

I’m currently having a little trouble making this blob of mine. It’s a collection of two series of curves, ones evenly spaced on the x axis and the others on the y axis. I think the trouble is in the front right of the blob, where two curves, one in the x series and the other in the y don’t quite overlap. Network surface can’t do this, and when I split the blob into a top and bottom and try to patch one of the hemispheres with the help of a circumferential curve, the surface it creates is far from where I would like the surface to be, which is right on the curves.

Do any of you have any ideas of what I could do?

I’ve uploaded the blob file and an image if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
Karolis

Blob.3dm (154.7 KB)

I don’t think that a single surface or even two are the effective way to solve this. you should try with several surfaces and srategies. what’s the objective of that model?

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t even think of splitting it into more than two surfaces. Perhaps I could get something decent if I try making surfaces from just 4 curves each time.

This blob is the form of the ribs of an architecture project I am working on (I’m an architecture student). I want to diagram the mass of my project in addition to having the framework for technical drawings.

I appreciate you suggestion, Diego, I’ll try it out.

maybe you can try with _loft and some points as start and end :

In this case I only used the orange curves and then I rebuild the surface to have a cleaner one.

1 Like

I just tried that out myself. It’s a get’s pretty darn close. I didn’t know you can loft using points, that’ll be something useful to keep in mind for the future! Thanks for taking the time to experiment with this.