Hatch boundary option not available on Rhino 7?

Hello to all!
I am testing the latest Rhino version (Rhino 7), and I realize that there is no option to set a boundary when working with hatches. This was an option in every previous Rhino version. I am mostly working with technical design (Architectural mostly) and 2D drawing on Rhino is crucial for my work. On Rhino 7 I have to draw manually new boundary lines to get the hatch correct like I want it to be. That is very very time consuming procedure when before was 2 clicks (or 1 second) procedure. This is a mandatory from Rhino to fix.
Best regards,
Djordje.

1 Like

The boundary option in Hatch is working here. Note that if it is off (default setting), you need to start the Hatch command before selecting anything to see the command-line option to turn it on. Once it’s on, it remains active during the session until you turn it off again. It is not sticky between sessions.

The behavior has not changed since V5/V6 as far as I know.

It is activated with hatch command. Before the hatch window appears, yes, there is a option to click the area of interest. That is true. But sometimes when having multiple lines and areas, I usually select them all, which is confusing Rhino sometimes I guess, and it is automatically selecting areas that I do not want. In the Hatch window, there was a check box for Boundary! So in that way I was able to correct if something was not like I wanted it to be. Now this check box is not there anymore.

Best regards,
Djordje

2 Likes

Hmm, good catch - I see this checkbox in V6, but not in V7. Don’t know why it was changed, or if it’s just an oversight. There are dozens of bug reports/enhancement requests for Hatch, but I don’t see anything mentioning this - so I will file another one.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-61962

Thanks!
I am having a hard time to find how to have a transparent hatch too. Still can’t find this. But I will not make any new topic if I don’t double check everything.

Best regards,
Djordje.

Transparency solved. (Found it on object coloring) If anyone reading this, I hope it can help.

Best regards,
Djordje.