Grasshopper TT Toolbox Excel Write

Hey there,

I have some troubles using the “Write to Excel” module from TT Toolbox. I just installed Rhino 7 on my computer after updating it to Windows 10.
The same module with the same file was working fine on another PC.

This is the error message i’m getting : “1. Solution exception:Impossible de charger le fichier ou l’assembly ‘CORE.Library.Office, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.”

Anyone would know why it doesn’t work ?

Thanks in advance !

Max

Hello,

I am encountering the same problem right now. Did you solve it?

Thanks!

Christel

Hi,
i’m also encountering problems with the writeXL component. It worked fine for years and all of a sudden it’s no longer able to open excel.
2021-08-13 11_59_03-Grasshopper - root script_v13'visualisatieHajar

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks,
Tom

Hello, yes here’s a link of the discussion we had [URGENT] Excel in Python in Grasshopper - #14 by mrainville
Apparently the plugin version is too old for Rhino espacially if you’re working with Rhino 7…
Hope it helps
There’s a VB script in the discussion I sent you, it might help you
Good luck

1 Like

Hi Christel,
Thanks for your response! Good to know I’m not the only one having that problem.
Strange that it worked perfectly in Rhino 7 for a couple of months and all of a sudden it stops working.

Best regards,
Tom

Hello,
Honestly, it works sometimes, sometimes it bugs, sometimes you need to change the format of the file twice to restart the loop so it works (in the path change .xlsx for example to .xls, let it recompute, then put again the .xlsx, it might work), but it’s very unstable and unpredictable
Personally, I am using a .txt file to pass the information from and to Grasshopper/Excel that I coded in python and VBA

Best,
Christel

1 Like