TT toolbox - Could not open excel error

Hi @emilpoulsen

I’m trying to use the TT Toolbox plug-in to export data to a formatted Excel spreadsheet. However, I am getting this error:

1. Could not open excel. Try opening excel manually and running this component again.

I’ve tried manually launching the file and then rerunning the component but it didn’t work. I was trying to run in Rhino.Inside Revit but even trying in standard Rhino isn’t working (refer attached GH file).

Any ideas what is happening?

Export to excel.gh (18.4 KB)

anyone?

Hi Paul - have you tried with any of the other plug-ins that interface Excel?
-wim

@wim I can’t even get it to work with Lunchbox. I get an error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at LunchBox.WF_ExcelWriteNew.SolveInstance(IGH_DataAccess DA)

Does this file work for you?
Lunchbox.gh (15.4 KB)

I tested the TT Toolbox plugin excel export about 1 month ago and it worked. Have there been any updates to Rhino in the past month that could have affected this?

Even trying to read data doesn’t work:

It’s more likely something happens on the Excel end.

Does the file work for you?

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with sharing/cloud based excel files. However, I haven’t shared this document so not sure why it would be failing.

Hi,

You can try like this:

I have the same issue and it works for me.

Cheers.

4 Likes

I tried Quick repair and it didn’t work for me.
I noticed that my Office Apps are 32 bit running on 64bit Windows. When I installed 64 Bit Office 365 Apps, problem solved. Now both lunch box and TT toolbox Excel tools are working.

1 Like

I am getting a similar error with Rhino.Inside Revit -
After trying to open the file in Rhino.Inside the path also started to give me an error in regular rhino.
Tried “Quick Repair” and fixed it for reg. rhino but not for Rhino.Inside. Not sure what the error below means, if someone can share some light I would appreciate it :pray:

“1. Solution exception:Method not found: ‘Void Library.Office.Excel.remove_wbClose(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.WorkbookEvents_BeforeCloseEventHandler)’.”

Installing 64bit Office 365 Apps worked for me as well. (Running 64bit Windows)

This solution is worked