Grasshopper Document Graph

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to see if I can access the grasshopper active document and extract/store the connectivity graph between a sequence of connected components, in such a way that I can store and save the construction history of a procedural model.

Any chance someone had similar problem or have any suggestion?

Many thanks,
Federico

https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/grasshopper/html/T_Grasshopper_Kernel_GH_ConnectivityDiagram.htm
Or you can do it on your own by going through all the input parameters and looking at their sources.

1 Like

Thanks Dani! Looks like is a great starting point.
Cheers,
F

@Federico_Borello are you the Fede I know?

Check this out as well IGH_Param Interface

You Will also need to recurse if you intend to deal with clusters. I believe you will also have to identify special components like number sliders, panels, etc and cast them to their respective type.

1 Like

Hey Nico!
yes I am :slight_smile:. I’ll look into it thanks, I’ll post some updates if the Rhino side progresses (currently working on the Maya side).
Take care!
F

Ok, cool. You might also want to consider doing a graph-like data structure to store all your data. Traditional tree data structures wont work, for example a binary tree. Consider looking in to implementing a Directed acyclic graph.

Grasshopper itself constructs DAGs, hence my original question about the possibility or not to access the topological informations of a definition, something that is doable with the Maya Hypergraph or CATIA.