Grasshopper Dispatch

Hello , I am a newbee with grasshopper! As you can see i created a surface and then divided into uv frames . Now when i am trying to run dispatch command and giving it values it is selecting surface in Y direction. I want to select surfaces in X direction. Please Help!

Hi,

HTH.

Cheers,
BVR

1 Like

This looks like another case where Flip Matrix would be useful?

Without posting your code, we’re only guessing.

3. Attach minimal versions of all the relevant files

1 Like

What happens if you simply graft the Dispatch ‘P’ (Pattern) input? That would be equivalent to Explode Tree where you ignore one branch, no need for Dispatch at all.

But again, without posting your code, this is only guessing.

1 Like

dispatch query.gh (40.4 KB)

Here is the gh file! Thanks for replying :slight_smile: , Have a nice day!

missing

1 Like

Hello Joseph , you need to install lunchbox for the same, it is a plugin to grasshopper.
You can easily get it at https://www.food4rhino.com/app/lunchbox

Hi ajar , thank you for the response , can you try your hand at my gh file!! Thank you!
dispatch query.gh (40.4 KB)

No I don’t. You could internalize the geometry output from your clusters so Lunchbox isn’t required to help with the question you asked. Or is the problem internal to your clusters?

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Here is the new gh file! I have interanalize the data. Please try your hands on this now.
dispatch query.gh (372.7 KB)

Without access to your geometry and the organizing data tree, it’s impossible to guess at this stuff!

This depends on a FlipLast cluster with code by Andrew Heumann, @andheum

dispatch_query_2020Aug31a.gh (385.4 KB)

P.S. There is a flaw in this somewhere… :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the support and the solution to my query :slight_smile:
Looking forward to more such amazing things.

Don’t get too excited, if you look closely, there is a flaw in the solution I posted. Don’t know where or why.

dispatch_query_2020Aug31aa.gh (396.4 KB)

P.S. Maybe not flawed after all… Just confusion because I used the same color blue on Dispatch that is used by my ‘Tree/List Viewer’ tool. So you’re welcome.

1 Like