glTF Exporter for Grasshopper

Is there any possibility that the ShapeDiver tool to export in glTF comes from GH and not from Rhinoceros plugin?

It would be great to be able to do this; I want to export scenes quickly from Grasshopper without baking all the geometries and prepare the scene in Rhinoceros. For example, I have multiple iterations from a GH definition, and I want to automate the creation of glTF for the different results.

Thanks!

Some plugins may bake and clean up the scenario for you. Try mine, Pancake, or another plugin Lunchbox.

You may need to customize export options.

So far you may export geometry only. Material/texture mapping aren’t supported by either of the plugins I believe.

Thanks!

I tried the plugin and found it quite interesting. What I am looking for specifically is the glTF format since as I know is one of the best formats for web visualization with Three.JS.

Three.JS seems to be moving toward glTF and leaving in the past .json format.

I tried Triceratops, for exporting geometry and materials directly from grasshopper to a JSON file to be viewed with Three.JS, It works, but .json files are not as optimazed as .gltf files.

Thank you!

As for my plugin, you may use “Export As” to export to any format Rhino supports, which includes glb, if you have ShapeDiver’s plugin installed. Set the output file’s extension as glb, and the plugin will take care of it.

1 Like

That is correct, since the ShapeDiver gltf exporter is built as a standard export plugin for Rhino, you should be able to use @gankeyu’s plugin.

1 Like

Is there a reason why SD’s exporter plugin registers the extension glb but the file is exported as gltf?

(Anyway, the export is actually successful. Don’t be scared by the big red balloon)

Thanks @gankeyu and @mathieu1

I will try how the export works. It looks pretty good!, I didn’t know that the plugin allowed to export in other rhino formats. I thought you could only choose the ones that came out in the output icons. Thanks!

I think @snabela in this post talks about glb and glTF export.

1 Like

We will improve the handling of gltf versions in a future update but indeed for now, refer to this answer by Alex for some explanations:

1 Like