Galapagos Automated Object Placement based on Decisions

I am new to the forum - although it has been an invaluable source of information and assistance for me over the years.

I am relatively proficient in grasshopper (been using for about 10 years) but i a new challenge and i could really do with some help as it’s a bit beyond my capabilities currently.

I saw this video on Youtube: Generative Design: Kitchen Layout Automation - YouTube

And i would really like to be able to recreate this for my own purposes. I’m really looking for pointers on the best places to start.

Some of the logic escapes me - as an example - how do you define or quantify if 3 objects are each on a different wall of the kitchen? Is this a multi boolean operator?

I understand it uses Galapagos but i’m really unsure where to start with setting up the logic for the evaluation of the ‘decisions’ listed.

I apologise in advance for this relatively vague query but all and any help would be much appreciated.
I enclose some screen shots of the video and GH definition.

Thanks in advance.

K

I wouldn’t look at this as a geometrical problem, at least until the evaluation based of measureable distances comes into play

in my mind it’s more something like:

• an Array of numbers that represents the length of each object,
  • x empty new Lists to be populated by the above numbers (one List for each wall)
  • the sum of all the numbers inside each List has to be lower or equal to each wall length
  • an array of strings (representing a name for each object) is also sorted and split together with the numbers, in such a way each item is easy to find (also ones that have the same nominal length)

basically if the objects are a b c, they should each belong to different lists
list that contains a should not contain also b and c, then list that contains b should not contain also c