Galapagos setting rules

HI, I have a question to set up my Galapagos. I have 3 inputs, the length, the depth (of a room) and the window ratio.

I want to calculate when the room gets more then 50% of a 200 lux value. This is modeled as a true and false. How do i set up my Galapagos to calculate the options for which the room will be true when the length, depth and window ratio change?

Thank you!

Galapagos doesn’t like to operate on problem statements which are either true or false. Given a set of adjustable sliders, Galapagos will attempt to find in which positions those sliders yield a maximal, optimal or minimal output value.

More than 50% is a pretty vague goal to set, Galapagos really wants to find a specific value; like 64%, or 100%.

Hi Leonore,
what is the goal of your calculation? To get a list of possible combination options of your three input variables? Like David said, Galapagos needs a goal that it can aim for, not a condition.

Hi,
The goal is to get a list of possible combinations. I am testing daylight in room where the lux value has to be above 200 lux 50% of the time. There are multiple ways when the lux is above 200 and I want to get a list of all the options when it is true.

This sound more like a combination problem to me. Of course this can result in a huge number of combinations to check depending on the number range of your inputs and the step size. With the chosen in my example file (see attached) boundary values Grasshopper has to calculate 458731 combinations. I don’t know if these boundary condition values are reasonable to you but I hope you get the concept of the approach.

input combinations.gh (16.2 KB)