Force settings for Quad remesh component

Hello!

I’m working on a gh script using the new Quad remesh component. I think it’s great but I’m not really sure how the settings object works. Is it possible to force the remesh to obey the target count that I give it or can it only be used as a target? If this is not possible, I’d love to hear some other ideas for how to achieve a similar result. Thanks a lot!

BR
Erik

The “target” count is always a goal based and not explicit. To minimize additional face creation make sure that Adaptive Size = 0 and Adaptive Quad Count is off. This doesn’t make the solution explicit but it does greatly restrict the number of additional faces allowed for curvature fitting.

1 Like

Hello Travis!

Thanks for the quick reply! I think the issue for me is that I want to create a mesh with a really low face count and that the quad remesh are not meant to handle meshes with a really low vertex and face count. It seems, just like you say, like the settings doesn’t make the solution explicit but only tries to restrict the mesh from getting a much higher face count. Thanks a lot for the tips!

BR
Erik