Failed to fetch packages from source(s) - Cannot access a disposed object

Continuing the discussion from Help: Vectorize image in v7?:

Hey @encephalon, I wanted to follow up on this without derailing the conversation away from the Vectorize plug-in.

Do you get the same error every time you run the _PackageManager command?
What happens if you run the command below on cmd.exe?

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\System\yak.exe" search --all

hi Will, sure no problem! thanks for responding.

yes i get this message each time i run the command. i am on a mac to point that out again. also not sure where to run cmd.exe?

Whoops, the equivalent in macOS is to open the Terminal app and run this command instead…

/Applications/Rhino\ 7.app/Contents/Resources/bin/yak search --all

Hit Enter to run the command.

I’m hoping to narrow down the problem by seeing if you can query the server outside of Rhino.

yup seems to work, it starts listing the packages.

AMDDenoiser (0.4.1, 0.4.0, 0.3.2, 0.3.1, 0.3.0, 0.2.0, 0.1.0)
Autozoner (1.0.3, 1.0.2, 1.0.1, 1.0.0)
Biomorpher (0.7.1)
bookworm (0.6.1, 0.6.0, 0.5.0)
Bubalus_GH2 (2.0.1, 2.0.0)
Clipper (0.3.2, 0.3.1, 0.2.11, 0.2.7, 0.2.6, 0.2.5, 0.2.3)
Cockroach (0.0.1)
CockroachRhino6 (0.0.1)
ColorPicker (6.0.0)

etc.

Thanks. One more idea…

Can you try running the scripted version of the PackageManager command, _-PackageManager, and then click “Search” and enter “Vectorize” as the search term? This causes the package manager to query the server in a slightly different way.

At any rate, I think I might have to get Rhino to display some more information about this error when it occurs so I can figure out exactly what’s going wrong.

nope sorry negative. i followed the helpfile and had tried that already, now trying once more i have to confirm it does not work. it brings up the same message and quitts the command after pressing ok.

Thank you for trying. I’ll add some more diagnostic information to Rhino to help track this one down, hopefully this week.

Until then, if you’re still interested in trying the Vectorize plug-in, you can install it using the CLI by running the following command in Terminal…

/Applications/Rhino\ 7.app/Contents/Resources/bin/yak install vectorize