Extrude Cut Equivalent?

Hello,

I’m new to Rhino and Grasshopper, and I’m looking for a way to “extrude cut” using Grasshopper’s scripting tools, similar to how you might extrude cut in Solidworks. Essentially, I’m looking to have a complex pipe network move through a box, as shown below.

I’ve tried making meshes out of the box surface and the pipe surfaces below, and then use MeshBooleanDifference to remove the pipe from the box. The result seems to be a simple mesh of a box, as if nothing was cut out.

Is there a better way to approach this? Is there an “extrude cut” command that I haven’t found? Any help on the topic is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

49%20PM

Hi - it’s not clear to me what you are trying to do.
First things first - are you writing a script in Python or some other programming language? Or are you putting together a Grasshopper definition using regular Grasshopper components?

Apologies – I am trying to do this solely through scripting. I’ve been using C#, but I’m open to using other programming languages if that would make things easier

Hi @roeylazarovits,

None of here really have any knowledge of SolidWorks, so you’ll need to provide more detail on what you are trying to do. Also, why are you using meshes and not a polysurface (Brep)? Do you have a samle model what shows what you are looking to do?

Any more details you can provide might be helpful.

– Dale