Exporting White Lines to AutoCAD

Hi,
Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere or has an obvious answer as I’m new to Rhino.
When I’m saving a drawing as a .dwg that contains white lines and then open them in AutoCAD they appear with a layer colour of 255,255,255 and not “white” which in AutoCAD would show up as white on a black background and black on a white background.
Does anyone know of a way around this or how I could change the export settings?
Help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam

In the DWG/DXF export options, you can export colors as RGB (what you’re currently doing), or by AutoCAD Color Index (ACI). That’s what you want to use. Then Red will be Color 1 instead of RGB 255,0,0, and White will be Color 7 instead of 255,255,255.

John, brilliant. Thank you very much.

This has just become relevant to me as I’m trying to get Rhino 2D drawings into the Solid Edge 2D drafting package via dwg format. Unfortunately, SE appears to handle the reading of line weights based on layer colour rather than the weights that are set in Rhino. That means I need to mess around with my layer colours to get line weights as I want them in SE.

Is the default list of colours in the Rhino ‘Select Layer Colour’ dialogue that of the AutoCAD ACI? There is a user definable .ini file in SE that reads the ACI number and sets line weight accordingly, so as long as I stick to those colours, I should be able to make things work.

If I set the Rhino export option as @John_Brock says above, but one of the layer colours is set to something that isn’t in the ACI list, what happens?