Esc + Enter Key stop working

I am still suffering from this bug every day. You can actually operate Rhino acceptably without those keys…

I have had issues with that as well. the python editor makes my esc stop working. But only Esc I think. It happened just lately and then I have not used Python for a while since I am waiting for @stevebaer to help me out with a bug… nudge nudge… :wink: I’ll start using it again as soon as that is fixed, and can help out on tracking the bug again.

I regularly have this problem when running grasshopper scripts. I attach my current working Grasshopper file to see if anyone else can reproduce the error. The definition requires that you define a single point in rhino and attach it to the ‘point’ in the top left of the definition. I get the error every time I reconfigure connections between any of the components.CFD Workflow_Initial GH Model.gh (14.9 KB)

Dear all,

I have reinstalled my Pc and ever since I have the same problem in EditScript, only with me it is triggered by saving something.

So, the moment I save a script, the enter and delete key do not work anymore in Rhino.

How can I solve this?

Miguel

Closing photoshop did solve immediately for me as well (no need to exit/ restart Rhino).

Still have this problem in conjunction with Grasshopper. Not all the time, but some times. Really annoying bug. So this is still not fixed in almost 3 years? Using the latest Rhino.

Hi, i had this problem in Rhino 5 and was hopping to get rid of it with Rhino 6 but sadly even with the latest 6.7 it’s still there… A fix would be really great!

Yup, I can confirm that after upgrading to Rhino 6 and installing the latest version 6.8 this is still happening. In fact it happended during the first time I used Rhino 6.

Whenever it happens the delete key, esc key and enter key do not do anything at all.

I think its related to Grasshopper, as I use Grasshopper pretty much all the time when I have Rhino open.

Guys, this is has been a problem for several years now. Sort it out!!

I think this was sorted out in 6.9 which is the latest service release

I reported this bug 5 years ago, but since a year or two I don’t have it any more. Not on Rh5 and not on Rh6.
The strangest thing about it was that the bug would only show up after installing Visual Studio.

I have the same problem happening here, second time in 1 week. Very frustrating. Running 6.10.18308.14011 at the moment.
If it helps, I’ve been doing some grasshopper and Python today. When I started a python script for debugging it happened. Grasshopper window is open but minimized.

Oh, this might help others in case nobody mentioned it before here. I think I’ve been researching this before when I had the problem only using grasshopper. Recompute would help in those cases. I tried it out now and now Enter, Delete & Esc works again without having to restart rhino.