Enabling SrfSplit issue

Hey everyone,

I’m using a grasshopper definition to cut a mesh of holes out of a surface, using attractor curves to help make the holes reflect the form. At the end of my definition, I have Pull and SrfSplit to bring the holes to the surface and then cut them out. They are disabled while I do the setup, but when I enable SrfSplit, it causes my grasshopper and rhino to not respond (its processing, thats fine), but they have been on for a long time (90 hours on one, and more than 60 on the other computer), and I was wondering if its a problem with my definition thats making it take so long, or if anyone had any suggestions as to how I could get it done faster, or even could process it for me on a more powerful machine.

I am using two macbook pros running Windows 10 Bootcamp, each with 16gb ram, 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz, and Intel Iris Pro Graphics.

I’d appreciate any help, I’ve been waiting some time for these to finish haha. Attached are the two files that I am working from.

attractor curves - gradient mesh pull enabled.gh (13.6 KB)

lofted surface ready for holes.3dm (101.6 KB)

I’m only intermediate Rhino/GH user so I can only answer from what I know.
Your splitting operation is very very memory expensive. Even if you managed to do it after the long wait, Rhino will very likely fail to visualize/mesh-preview the resulting trimmed surface correctly.
If an effect is what you are after, try texture mapping. Or maybe if you know mesh modeling, try that rather than splitting a NURBS surface with thousands of NURBS curves.