Editing surface: filleting isocurves?

Hi there,
I’m trying to build a model that has rectangular indented surfaces on each of the four corners. I’ve made the base surface and have extracted isocurves that show the size/position of the areas I want to indent. Right now I’m stuck because 1. the isocurves intersect at 90 degrees whereas I want rounded corners and 2. after that, I’m not sure what the best way to create this chamfered-indented surface would be.

I’ve drawn over a screenshot here to show what it is I want to do. Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks.

Id extract your iso curves, then trim them to the correct size (they will be overlapping originally) then instead of using fillet curves, use adjustable blend curves with the trim option picked.

once you have your corners of your curve rounded, simply join the curves and split your surface with the curves.

Once you have the surface split, you can either offset or copy paste and scale the split surfaces to make a smaller copy. you will delete the holes on the outer surface and the surface (leaving the holes) on the inner surface.

you may need to adjust the size of the inner surfaces to get the right offset and gap, then simply use blendsrf to connect them.

[quote=“theoutside, post:2, topic:46019”]
once you have your corners of your curve rounded, simply join the curves and split your surface with the curves.
[/quote]If the surface will not split then Pull the joined curve onto the surface. The original blend curves may not be close enough to the surface.