Duplicate block problem

I have the same block in two different files. However, when I copy the block from one file to another one, Rhino asks if I would like to keep the imported block or existing block. [ “Model Block” or 'File Block" or Both of them] However, since the blocks are the same, Rhino shouldn’t be asking for this msg. could you please how to solve this problem?

Hi Maruf -

Rhino has no way of knowing if those blocks are actually the same. The have the same name, yes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. That’s why you are getting the question of what to do.

In Rhino 7, the wording of that question has been slightly modified:

In your case, either Model block or File block will do that same.
-wim

For example, I have two Files.
I have replaced the blocks of File -1 with the imported block from File-2 turning on the option " Do this for all block name conflicts". So, I think all the existing blocks should be replaced with the imported block. However, when I copy the same block from File-2, Rhino again gives me the message of Block name conflict!

As @wim mentioned “Rhino has no way of knowing if those blocks are actually the same. The have the same name, yes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. That’s why you are getting the question of what to do.”

In the same manner it can’t tell what file it came from, because it could be from a different file with the same filename but in a different location.

The block ID’s could theoretically be the same in different filesf with the same filename depending on how block ID’s are generated. If you copy the same block with an identical name from the same file 10 times into the same other file where there is a block with an identical name you’ll get that dialog 10 times simpy because it really can’t tell if it is really really really the same thing as the one that already exists in the target file.