When distributing plugin with rhi file i have came across with installation problem when sometimes installation ends with “Error loading - [plugin name]”. For long time i was thinking there was some permission problem or problem on writing to registry. Since typically registry has only partial information. Recently i found that some systems didn’t have .NET 4.5 and my plugin was built against 4.5 (default in Rhino plugin template). Updating client .NET solved problem. Not sure if i have overlooked something but it wasn’t obvious. Would be super nice to have some list of known problems and solutions when distributing plugins with rhi.
Here are two ways i have used to check .NET version
One way to do that is from registry
and another way to check from cmd.
wmic product where “Name like ‘Microsoft .Net%’” get Name, Version