Docking custom panels

Hi,

I want the information for the panel that can we dock a panel at the bottom in rhino 6?
As of now they can docked at the left and the right sides of the rhino 6.
After dragging any of the panel, could the docked it at the bottom ?
And if not is there any option to create a timeline or a progress bar sort of thing in the toolbar in rhino 6?
Please answer.
Thanks

Hi - panels are generally designed to display information vertically and, as such, wouldn’t do much good docked at the bottom of the screen. Is there a specific panel you are thinking of?
-wim

Hi - I have create a panel in my plugin and load it in Rhino, so i want that panel to be docked at the bottom.
I am attaching one image for your reference.
After dragging the panel it must be fixed at the bottom as it can fix in the panel window.
Please give me any solution for this.

Thanks

Hi - I’m moving this to the Developer category then.
-wim

@JohnM, can you help with this?

Hello,

Currently Rhino only supports docking panels on the right or left. There is no navigation control for panels docked at the top or bottom so it is disallowed. If you are using the C++ SDK you can create a custom CRhinoUiDockBar which can be docked at any location but it will not interact directly with the panel system.

Okay…Thanks for all help…I’ll try with the C++ SDK.

Hi,

Can it be achieved using the .NET SDK RhinoCommon?

The C++ CRhinoUiDockBar has been exposed to .NET via the RhinoWindows.Controls.DockBar class making this possible on Windows but not on Mac.