Dividing atypical plot - Surface

I’m stuck with dividing atypical plot / surface. It’s not rectangle and then many ways how to do it is off my knowledge

Here is what I want especialy get grean surface or just bounder curves

Big thanks for advice :slight_smile: Have a nice day

I tried IsoTrim, Voronoid or Some odl advice from this forum. Any of this Doesnt work for me :frowning:

201203_Plot_Area_R6.3dm (48.4 KB)

201205_Plot_Area_Parceling_Voronoid.gh (18.3 KB)

Does ‘atipic’ mean atypical? Did you get tired of typing just two characters short of spelling it out?

The dimensions of your perimeter curve are VAST! ~178K on a side, 50K to 70K from the origin.

This is ugly.

atipic_2020Dec5a.gh (15.7 KB)

Sorry for atipic = atypical.
You are right.
Aha the placing supposed be 0.0.0 - Aha Because I don’t know why it was change but file should be in Meter not in Milimiters

I just don’t understand if this solution i can change it for example ( 3x5 or 2x2 )

I don’t know what that means?

This version cleans up the split lines using Rebuild Curve (‘D’ = 1, ‘N’ = 4) and adds the Clipper PolyOffset to the surface fragments.

atipic_2020Dec5b.gh (19.8 KB)

Sorry file was in millimiters and curve was copy from file where I have meters. Thats why 178k

It’s Working :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you just few thinks what i’m trying to figured out

1. Change number of division for example (3x5 or 5x2) etc

2. Offset curve without over “size”

Our plugin unfortunately not working for me ( Mac Version Rhino 7 )

Update - I’m Very close

Just fix to division and I’m satisfied

201206_Plot_Area_Parceling.gh (16.5 KB)

Two text panels instead of one:

atipic_2020Dec5b2

Or instead of manually edited text panels, you could generate those two lists with Range:

That’s too bad because standard GH Offset Curve fails too easily. I’ll try something without using Clipper PolyOffset… See white group below:

atipic_2020Dec5c.gh (27.1 KB)

1 Like

You didn’t internalize your curve… Oh wait, I have the Rhino file. But it doesn’t look correct at all. We must have got our wires crossed, so to speak.

P.S. All of my models have the original boundary curve internalized so don’t need the Rhino file.

1 Like

Big Thanks :pray: Joseph. I forgot to say that I already updated my Rhino file with right size of curve ( meter )

The range is right solution - Good poit
Offset in clasic GH is like how you said- not the best one :innocent: but it must work for this case.

I understand that plug-ins help a lot. But first of all I need to learn clasic GH and than start with plugins.

Anyway big thanks I hope that this also help Other people.