Display modes 'Hidden', 'Conceptual', 'Realistic' don't save changes

Hello!
To get a desired graphic look, I’m tweaking the VisualArq display mode ‘Hidden’ to show some colors like so:
‘Shade objects’ on
‘Color and material usage’: Rendering material
‘Ambient color’: white

Works nicely. (To get rid of of outlines of some objects, I use ‘SetObjectDisplayMode’ and set those to some mode with EdgeThickness = 0.)

Point is: the ‘Hidden’ mode’s settings are not saved! Everytime I re-open the scene, it is reset to default.
Any reason for this, or a bug?
Thanks!

Interestingly, the o.o.t.b. mode ‘Conceptual’, which would be usable for me, too, shows the same behaviour - it defaults every time Rhino is started.

Edit: my workaround for now: after tweaking the display modes > OptionsExport. When needed: OptionsImport > load ‘Advanced Display’.

Could be more a Rhino issue…

Hi @Eugen,

This is not a bug. Currently VisualARQ display modes (Hidden, Conceptual, Realistic) don’t save the settings changes. This will be possible in future versions.

Kind regards

Got it, thanks!

Hello,
Is there any chance that this improvement will make it into VisualARQ 2.X?
I really like how you can customize Rhino display, VA custom displays are a great addition to that.

Hi Andrew,
We are still studying if this feature has an easy solution so it can be included in VisualARQ 2.X version or we will leave it for VisualARQ 3. I’ll keep you posted.

Hi @Eugen and @andrew.go we have just released a new version of VisualARQ (2.12) which allows you to save changes in VisualARQ display modes.

You can check here the news of the new version: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.12 released

Enjoy!

2 Likes