Display "black surfaces" as black instead of white?

I don’t use the default gray background, I use white because I find it easier to communicate with clients using actual project colors. Works great, aside from black. A black surface defaults as white, I’d have to choose an “almost black” color to get the appearance of black… or I Hatch it black but then I’m doing a DupBorder/Hatch/PlanarSrf dance back and forth when modifying designs, very irritating.

Is there a check box hidden somewhere that disables this?

Hello - there is no way that I know of to change this behavior. You can set the default color of a new layer in Optons > Appearance > Color, which may help some.

-Pascal

1 Like

You might want to set the colour to RGB=(1,1,1) instead of (0,0,0). This is what I sometimes do. There is no visual difference between ‘black’ and ‘just off-black’.

[edit] Oops. I just re-read your question. You’re actually suggesting this approach yourself. Sorry.

1 Like

Is there a way to change the default colors in the drop down menu then? I did a search before and think it came back with a file you could edit in Rhino 4? But didn’t find anything more recent about that.