Black is white according to Rhino 7.4

Each Rhino layer has a color. When I set the color to white, surface color is white in the shaded viewport display mode. When I set the color to black, line color is black, but surface color is white in the shaded viewport display mode. When I set the color to almost black, the surface color is almost black in the shaded viewport display mode.

Been that way since Rhino 0.x Beta…

Nobody complained about it because everybody believes that black is white. :roll_eyes:

No one complained about it because it was a request, there’s no point in black-on-black objects in a working viewport mode. Did you really just notice this now? The main reason I ever set the color of anything to anything different is demands from someone downstream, otherwise I just leave everything default grey-on-black. I’ve seen the horrors of users messing around with these colors…why would ANYONE using Rhino make objects YELLOW or really close to the grey of the background???

2 Likes

I never used black background. I frequently make small, black objects - mostly arrows and text.

I do it routinely. My highlight color is white despite the fact that sometimes I make white text. I believe that the highlight should be more sophisticated than solid color. Perhaps two-pixel size, white-on-black dots would be best.

I was talking about black-shaded surfaces, not annotations. You were asking about why “black” objects don’t have “black” shading…'cause they’re kinda useless is why.