Dimension annotation

Would someone please direct me somewhere on how to setup a particular dimension style for a particular drawing in Rhino 6 and Windows that I can use every time at startup? You know, arrow size, font, text size, annotation placement on the dimension line etc. I also don’t know the nomenclature Rhion uses so I’m not able to search for the procedure. I know how to change them while in a drawing but am looking for the procedure to have the same dimension settings for every drawing I do (which are always the same units, dimension styles, same arrows etc.)

Hi,

Create a new document using the template that comes closest to the dimensions you want. Create the dimension styles you want, then use Save as Template to save the document as a new template. Any document you create from that template will have your dim styles in it.

The best way to create new dim styles is to base them on an existing one that comes closest to the default style you want. For consistency try to start all styles from the same one, or start each from the one you created before.

Regards
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy for taking the time to answer such a basic question that I should already know. One more while you’re at it. I tried to rotate the dimensioned part shown below but ended up with results that I didn’t expect. Is there a solution? The dimensions didn’t rotate and ended up with some odd dimension.

You need to use the Aligned Dimension rather than the Linear Dimension. Linear remains parallel with an axis, whereas Aligned rotates with the object.

Regards
Jeremy

1 Like

Thanks again Jeremy …