Difficult surface advice please

Hi Kayak guy, I messed with it a bit .couldn’t finish but here is somethingKAYAK HULL SCAN.3dm (7.0 MB)
—mark

Mark- Thanks- Looked at it…looking now…So what exactly did you do to it- Curious ?

Made some new more fair lines and tried T-splines to build to those curves. I imagine in straight Rhino it would be great. I wanted to try T-splines after buying. Thought it would be not too challenging. Like Pascal said , “it is a project”. ----Mark

1 Like

Hi kayakguy,
this is my version of your hull.

I modelled simple curves following the edges of the hull.

The difficult part is to get the positions of the point right. Then I used NetworkSrf. The next step would be FilletEdge.

Finally I have a question for you:
You said the project is for a friend. Why are there VERY professional looking information within your data?

ED77

2 Likes

Nice example Ed, —Mark
Hey Ed, did you 2 rail sweep the long surfaces ? You said network srf. Assuming that was the nose area.

1 Like

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.
The nose area is made 2rail sweep and the long surfaces with network to get the continuity right.

After I thiught about it , I realized network srf gives continuity. Thanks—Mark

Hi kayakguy, thanks for your “private” message.
Why dont you share the answer to my question with everybody in this forum? Tell them about the project, your friend, what he is going to do whith the data…

ED77

ED77

MY PM TO EDD77
This is for a friend. He happens to make kayaks… I have hull design software (Maxsurf,etc…) his designer said it was a very difficult part to do- so I told him Id look at it… he was right- as I mentioned- difficult… So I came on here for advice

1 Like

NetworkSrf

I am having MUCH difficulty using this command

My surface is not nearly as clean as ED’s file… the continuity between surfaces also suffers… the problem I have had and hence why I posted

Ed

How exactly did you form the nose surface ? Yours is VERY clean, I cannot get my nose near it