Hi there , I did design an aluminium boat and I need to check if my boat bottom surface seen in the attached is certain to be a developable surface that will be buildable in aluminium 5mm. I did validate my boat bottom in a number of ways:
- The bottom surface does unroll in Rhino " unroll developabale surface" command
- The bottom surface does unroll in Paneling Tools " unroll faces" command
- The Rhino model units are millimeters. The bottom surface when analysed with the gaussian curvature analysis ; the curvature range between - 0.00001mm and +0.00001mm results in the color green with very slight bluish at the tip of the bottom. When analyse is -0.000001mm- +0.000001mm result is similar slight bluish aat tip and towards center
- I did make a scale model in steel scale 1:10 in steel plate thickness 3mm and the bottom did bend corectly on the shape
- I did a check by te Rhino command " curvature and I did measure the curvature on an array of 5 points on the FWD section of the bottom surface. The values seem to indicate very little deviations from zero at the Minimum Principal curvature.
Is the surface a developable surface? Thank you