Debugging with JetBrains Rider

It is possible to use https://github.com/mcneel/RhinoCommonXamarinStudioAddin to debug Rhino for Mac. Is there a way to enable this for JetBrains Rider? If this is not currently on the cards for development by the McNeel team, is there any advice on how to utilise the Visual Studio addin and rework/port it across for use with Rider?

Moved to Developer category

Hi @daniel.fink,

Sorry no, the extension you mention is specific to Visual Studio.

For Rhino for Mac plug-in development, you’ll want to use Visual Studio for Mac, which is free.

– Dale

Sorry to bump this back up… but the “solution” won’t cut it for me :sweat_smile:

I understand you won’t develop a different plugin for Rider. Not being free makes it less accessible and hence, less worth the effort, but… would it be possible to document the strategy you’re using to get VS to launch and attach to Rhino on a Mac?

I’d be happy to manually configure my own template in Rider to stop using VS for Mac (since it sucks, pardon my language), but I don’t know were to start… Tried to make sense of the code in the VS extension too, but without any background on what it’s doing, I’m finding it difficult to wrap my head around it.

I’d also be happy to open-source any solution, if/when I find one!

Anyway, thanks in advance!

EDIT: A working VSCode solution will also work for me…

I would also be interested in a solution to develop/debug in Rider.

I use Rider exclusively on Mac and Visual Studio on Windows, and this works well for me;

1 Like