Data Tree / List matching

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to match two lists. I want to have the blue one having the same organisation and numbers of references than the red one. For that, i tried to use the Stack component. It works for the first branches but then i have more numbers than expected.

Is there a better way to do that?

Thank you,

Rémy

SPHERES FLOWERS.gh (33.8 KB)

Like this?

SPHERES FLOWERS_re.gh (30.5 KB)

2 Likes

Exactly!

Thank you @HS_Kim

Hi @HS_Kim

Forward in my progression, i am facing the same problem. I need to match two data list but this time my match-up going crazy. Did i made something wrong?

Thank you for the help,

Rémy

SPHERES FLOWERS 2.gh (42.5 KB)

Your data from Unflatten Tree has 14 branches with error message which indicates the input items are not match to guide tree.
so,you can’t help messing up the data by comparing two different data tree(14 and 15 branches each)with Repeat DataI’m not sure why your GH Mac version didn’t show up the error.

1 Like

Thank you @HS_Kim

It’s weird cause on my mac version it says that i have 15 branches (not 14) with no error message.

Well i think i fixed the problem. I choose to Unflatten Tree with the same numbers of objects in the list.
(Orange list of 59 items is unflatten with Green list of 15 branches and 59 items).

Then, i want to match the two Blue lists (each of 15 branches). I want to have 59 objects on each. So i have to repeat the data in the curves list. But when i try, i still don’t have the amount that i want (15 branches with 59 items / {12} N=18, {13} N=22, {14} N=19).

Did i miss something again?

Thank you,

Rémy

SPHERES FLOWERS 3.gh (45.1 KB)