I’m trying to use genetics algorithms (GA), but i got a bug where each time the solver change the gene pool, it record the previous fitness.
though my research it seems it’s because there was 4 “ticks”, or “calculus shockwave” (i don’t know the real word) where the first still using the previous gene pool data, and only the second relies of the new genes. Then, the GA only reads the first one. At the end, i’m just facing wrong association of fitness and genes, resulting in a non-converting problem.
I tried to get back to the “split tick” source, which i blamed on “stream gates” from heteroptera plug-in. After deleting them from my gh, i still had 2 ticks. These last split seems to come right after the gene pool, but i wasn’t able to locate it neither understand what the hell is happening.
I used “data record” to register each tick. Hre is the result
(sorry for the mess, here is the order :
- gene pool
- split list (if more than 15 genes)
- evaluate curve given a stable pack of curve (only 1 tick from it)
- list suppression of 1st and last element
- interpolate curve from the latice point
- pass it to other component to calcul the fitness (like lenght component)
My questions are :
- what can produce that double tick ?
- how to counter it, and have only 1 final fitness that correspond truly to the gene pool current settings ?
- why the output of the interpolate (then curve) componnent only present 1 tick
- is there more litterature on how data flow though components ?
=> i only found this http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/what-is-the-order-of-calculation-of-grasshopper-components