Custom Rendering settings section not displayed

After a recent update, our custom render settings no longer get displayed in the Rendering tab in the dock on the right. The plugin’s callback does get called:

public override void RenderSettingsCustomSections(List sections)
{
sections.Add(m_renderSettings);
}

Any ideas?

@andy, I just now noticed the same. Did you change how visibility is checked?

I just updated the Sample for creating Custom Render Sections in https://github.com/mcneel/Rhino6Samples_CS/tree/master/SampleCustomRenderSettingsSections.

There is one new change in the SDK that affects if the Custom Render Settings is displayed or not. Before the change each section had to override and implement the Hidden property to hide/show the section. This functionality was moved to the RDK. Now each section should override the PlugInId property and return the render plug-in id.

The class of the m_renderSettings instance should override the PlugInId proeprty. One way to do it is to have a base class that does it and have the m_renderSettings inherit from it.

public abstract class CustomSection : EtoCollapsibleSection
  {
    private Guid m_uuidPlugIn = new Guid("54cc4233-7407-4c76-9422-0b6f01ca802a");

public override Guid PlugInId
    {
      get { return m_uuidPlugIn; }
    }

};

Hope this information helps? If not I will check more into this.

Hrm, that makes showing the section regardless of current render plugin harder. Is there another mechanism to override that behavior?

That fixed our problem, thanks!

@CarstenW Great to hear and no problem.