Curves only draw to snap points

I’m on a Thinkpad x1 yoga. I recently upgraded to the latest Rhino. Now curves will only draw to snap points, not open space.

I’ve deleted my old graphics drivers, I’ve upgraded and updated all system and display drivers. I’m not doing any heavy lifting on rhino, this happens when my curve count is under 10.

I’ve checked and unchecked GPU tessellation.
Here are my current specs:
Intel
Intel® HD Graphics 520
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 - Build 25.20.100.6576
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50 - Build 25.20.100.6576
Driver Date: 2-7-2019
Driver Version: 25.20.100.6576

Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24bits
Stencil depth: 8bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1 GB

Please help, basic construction is basically impossible at this point.

Do you have Grid Snap enabled by any chance? (check the panel in the status bar)

Grid Snap is on, but how does this affect whether we can draw a line to any point or just a snap point? This includes rectangles and circles.

For instance. I’m trying to draw a relatively long line along a certain angle. I can use the angle command to get the right direction, but if it doesn’t snap to an existing curve it doesn’t draw.

Thanks for the help

maybe you accidentally set your snap radius far too high.

Grid Snap ON means that the cursor will snap to the nearest intersection of x and y gridlines. Turn it off to see what happens. Also check the snap radius as encephalon suggests.

BTW: remember these symptoms. This is not the last time you will forget or not realize grid snap is on. :slight_smile:

I guess if you already know all this, you will need to wait for the big brains to check in.

Can adjust. It’s a very small model. Working in a box of about 10 x 10 mm currently.

Will look into adjusting the snap radius.

Will try that next.

Thanks.

hmm that could be an indicator, so if its not the snap which is far too large for it, it could be that the working space is too large for your little piece to handle in general. at least the symptoms sound like it. solution would be to upscale your work by a magnitude then shrink it down again when finished. or use a smaller working space if possible. but in worst case you can also post a cut out part of that right here in a file, that somebody can have a look.

Thanks all. It looks like I got it to work.