Curtain Wall Grid

Thats great to hear, thanks ! Looking forward !

Hello @Japhy
Another question related to the CW components.
Does it support joining of slanted curtain walls ?
And a related question, i am trying to set the angle parameter of the Wall element but it does not accept an integer. Does it require an angle degrees format? Couldn`t find this in GH…

I managed to make it read the Degree parameters using an expression for X degrees. Not sure how the unit conversion works and why it outputs between 0 and 1 but when i activate the Analyze Curtain Walll and feed it into the Add Curtain Wall Grid, the generated slanted CW will not join anymore.

It looks like when i change the angle parameter, it resets the CW panels to Basic Wall, and they are joined well but when i change the Panel Types from within the GH defintion, they are disconnected.
Also, if i want to change the panel type to Wall from GH, it says “The Type is not valid for at least one of the elements”

I managed to make it work! There is an Allow Joins that i didn`t not set it right i think.
There is only a small range of degrees that works though but probably thats related to Revit capabilities.

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got everything figured out. Do note that Rhino.Inside.Revit supports Revit 2018-22 and the slanted walls were introduced in 2021, so if there are any new api features related to Slanted Walls aren’t applicable.

1 Like

Yeah, i am trying to learn it while stretching different scenarios that i might need.
By the way, is the original topic about creating a curtain wall grid out of custom curves in Rhino still possible or it requires a more complex component ?

Please tell me, why after using the revised process, the curtain wall is not meshed, but grid lines appear on the curtain wall?

add grid lines.zip (404.7 KB)

The preview you are seeing is the Rhino Geometry. Please see this post Curtain Wall Grid - #21 by Japhy

Hi
I’m trying to draw the grid lines from the example file and it doesn’t draw anything in revit. All grids are null. Have the definitions of grasshopper been updated?. It only works with feet as units. Half in millimeters and does not work in meters

Can you try the simplified version above? This doesn’t rely on Unit Conversion. The examples will be updated (with actual grid components) after the SDK is released.

Thanks for your quick reply, Japhy.
I have the same problem with this definition. In feet, it places the grid for me. In millimeters it draws it only in Rhino and I can see it in Revit, but it is not a grid. And in meters it does not draw anything

I’ll have to get back to you, not sure how the new unit conversion methods work, and its not on the documentation yet.

https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/1.0/reference/rir-api-gettingstarted#unit-conversion

hi Japhy, I tried the gh definition. I have a problem. The grid I added does not follow the input point. How can I solve this?

Hi yanshuilun2012, that looks be the Units conversion mentioned above.

I am trying to build a parametric workflow for adding grid lines to the curtain wall to test out multiple design options.
However, every time I change the location of the input curves (new design iteration), the python node appends the curves to the existing curve location. Instead, I want to replace the previous curves with new curves.
In other words, I want to enable ‘Tracking mode: Replace’ for the gyphon component that generates the grids in Revit.

Unfortunately feature that won’t be available until 2.0.

Hi @Japhy. Sorry if I’ve missed something very obvious here, but can you elaborate on this script a bit please? How can I generate curtain wall grids using curves from rhino?

After a second glance it seems as though it does work, but as previously stated only in feet and not in metric. I also couldn’t get this to work for horizontal grids, only for vertical. @constantinecozma, would you be able to shed any light on this or show your full script please? Would be a big help.

I’ve been digging into it as well. I swear this was working in metric but it’s still in revit internal units (ft).

You will need to have the points vertical to get the horizontal grids. Test by using one point on the base definition and move it up in the Z before flipping the boolean toggle.