Copying keyframe: buggy behavior

Copying the last keyframe of a rotation of an object to a point later on the timeline changes the speed of rotation of that object. The change in speed is seemingly random.

Any ideas what this could be?

Arman,

The change in speed is caused by the effect of the (by default enabled) Automatic Easing. Here is a short concerning tutorial video.

The effect is not random. It depends on the range in between the data of the keyframes in combination with the distance between the concerning keyframes.

Luc

Ok, thanks for the info!

So this behavior seems to be popping up every time I set a keyframe to “0” for position / rotate / scale at the beginning of a transformation I intend to make. Seems like Bongo also places a keyframe by default at the beginning of the timeline, so I end up with a double set and the resulting “easing”.
So what am I supposed to do to avoid this? Always move the keyframe at the beginning of the timeline to the intended start position of the transformation? (So I’m not making a double)

Indeed. That’s the best thing you can do.
But be aware that dragging a keyframe from tick zero automatically makes a copy!
CopyZero
The keyframe at tick zero still needs to be deleted!
Whoever programmed this was very persistent to get Automatic Easing up and running :slight_smile:

Luc