Copy/Paste Rhino Mac 6

I saw that someone else had a similar problem. When working on a drawing and copying multiple curves or objects it takes up to 30 seconds for this to happen unlike on RhinoMac5 where it is instantaneous.

Rhino 6 for Mac WIP build 6.15.19078.12066
Laggy copy and paste function
Laggy copy and paste function
(John Brock) #2

I just tried 5 simple curves in 5.5.1 and again in the WIP.
Yes, 5 was quick. The WIP took about 1 second longer.
There hasn’t been much performance related tweaking yet as we’re still getting main components to work.

Do you have a sample file you can share we can use to test this?

I will try it again.Thanks.

I just copied a simple square(curve)in 6 and it took 10 seconds, I exaggerated when I said 30,Then I tried it in 5 and it was instantaneous, no exaggeration. In 6 the color wheel turns and in 5 it doesn’t.

(John Brock) #5

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-49385

Hi,
Another problem, After exploding pyramid, I rotated one face to a position of 90° and to my surprise the triangle was smaller than the original face. Also, It may be me but when I clicked on materials in the renderer there was nothing. Do I have to create my own?
J.N.

(Sea) #7

I have used rhino 5 on mac for a year or so without any lag. Moving onto 6 WIP, When I copy and paste most curves and lines there is a large delay before the pasting. Not sure if this is an optimization issue or anything. Just Posting here for feedback.

1 Like

Yeah, this is one of the more annoying bugs… I hope it will be fixed soon.

Philip

(Sea) #9

I have used rhino 5 on mac for a year or so without any lag. Moving onto 6 WIP, When I copy and paste most curves and lines there is a large delay before the pasting. Not sure if this is an optimization issue or anything. Just Posting here for feedback.

1 Like
(Pascal Golay) #10

Hello - thanks for the report - are you copying and pasting between files, or into the same file or does it make any difference?

-Pascal

For me it doesn’t make any difference… Same lag either way.

Philip

I forgot to say… Copying is slow (cmd + c), paste is instantaneous (cmd + v) here.

Philip

(Dan Taylor) #13

Agreed. Was about to post about the super laggy copy function and then found this.

I hope this can be fixed soon - I use copy/paste a lot in every session. Please! It still seems to be “open”…

Philip

Well, not anymore… In the latest WIP both ‘cmd + c’ and ‘cmd + d’ are slow (beachball)…

Philip

(Dan Belcher) #17

Copy and Paste should be faster in the latest RhinoWIP. Please give it a try.

Thanks… but it felt quite normal here in last weeks WIP already :grinning:

Philip

1 Like