Copy customized UI etc, to import into WIP8?

This is what my RH 7 looks like. I’ve completely forgotten how to move customizations from one version to another. (except aliases) Can I make export files for the edited “advanced” keys, toolbar layout, custom icons, etc., so I can replicate this on WIP 8? Is there a way to carry over Plugins, or do I have to load each one by one?

Hi -

What are “advanced” keys?

That part of Rhino 8 is being completely rewritten and, personally, I would not try to copy Rhino 7 information into Rhino 8 and just drag toolbars and panels manually into place. Around here, it’s not like they stay in that position anyway… But, perhaps, you are adventurous and can try to copy the position xml files from Rhino 7 into your Rhino 8 directory…

If those are saved in custom toolbars (as they should), you should be able to just open the rui file in Rhino 8.

Have you run into any plug-ins that don’t automatically load into Rhino 8?
-wim

What are “advanced” keys?

Have you run into any plug-ins that don’t automatically load into Rhino 8?

By this I mean is there a way that V7 installed plugins can be transferred en masse to V8 without installing them individually? It’s been a while, but I think with AutoCAD I was able to “migrate” one version to a newer version and my customizations, toolbars, workspace, templates, etc., were transfered.