I am planning to buy the laptop. The main usage of it will be “machine learning” and “Grasshopper.” At the first time, I was looking at workstation but now prefer to purchasing a laptop in order to carry on it easily. When searched, I found the option:
[3XS Deep Learning Go 2080]
- 1x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU
- Intel Core i9 CPU with up to 8 cores
- Up to 64GB 2-channel DDR4 2666
- 2x M.2 SSDs and 2x 2.5in SSDs/HDDs
- 17.3in laptop
- Ubuntu 18.04 plus Deep Learning Software libraries
Has anyone used the laptop of 3XS from scan.co.uk? Workstations of 3XS are familiar for me but not for the laptops. Since I would like to use the laptop for both machine learning and Grasshopper, I was looking at the laptop with GPU.
My question is:
With those capacities above, is it fine to implement Grasshopper?
I am thinking that I would upgrade REM into 64 Gig since REM is the key for Grasshopper and Rhino.