Command request: Mirror-move

• i want to move the holes in opposite direction but dont want to change their size. one way for that is to select and move half side first and then do the same for opposite side. but it is a long process of selection and move.

• I want to suggest a new command which detect the center of the selection and move the leftside to negative direction and right-side to positive direction. That should be universally applicable to all objects and especially sub-objects just like other commands like move, rotate. there can be a possibility to define base point as well or simply press enter to select center as base point just like scale command. explained below with simple example.

not 100% if I understood the transformation you re after.
(maybe 2 screenshots - start and result )
you want to partially modify a polysurface / components of it?
(which is more complex then transforming entire objects)

but check out
( maybe _orient)
_orient3Pt

also
_scale1d
_scaleNU
will both accept -1.0 as factor

Currently, i have to move each side manually and have to experiment with distance as i have to move them with same distance but in opposite direction.However, with proposed command it will be done in one step and without having to worry about same distance values.
Same thing can be implemented in Gumball to have more freeform design experience.

is it work on sub-object level ?

… thanks for the clarification.
it is more symmetry (not mirror) what you are after.
Rhino does not have tools to keep symmetry on nurbs surfaces / polysurfaces.
(there is for subD)
but I agree with your wish, that this would be helpful.

I think the best workflow is to use the _move command - it will remember the length, but not the direction.
so you can move the first side, and adapt the second accordingly.

best - tom

The move is just a workaround mot a proper solution because you cant make movement by just eyeballing. Also talking about subd, if both side dont have similar geometry then symmetry is not a solution in subd as well.