Combine more than two lists into one as separate branches

I want to be able to combine separate lists of points in one list as separate branches. The existing GHpython component I have will only work for two lists, but I need it to combine 3+ lists into one separated by branches. I will attach my script below.

Combine lists.gh (18.2 KB)

There are multiple possibilities to that. One of them: Merge all lists into one big. Use “Partition list” and feed in the individual list lengths in. That’s it.

!

Hi,

I am kind of having the same issue. I have test points in different zones for ground and first floor. However, I have this question. I have one list of zones on the ground floor and a second list of zones on the first floor. I want to combine these two lists in 1 list with items 0 (0;0, 0;1, 0;2…0;8 zones on the ground floor) and items 1 (1;0, 1;1, 1;2…1;4 zones on the first floor). But if I merge them then, the items with the same number they are added to each other.
How is this working? Thanks!

Hello,

You can use Entwine, right clic on that component and uncheck the Flatten Inputs option.

Since you post here I assume that you are familiar with coding.

In general this is an entry level P/LINQ issue. The classic way to address that type of stuff is to create a custom Type Class with suitable Properties (for the queries required) and then do the P/LINQ part (GroupBy, OrderBy and the likes).

Notify if you want a C# that does that … but thread’s P tag is an issue: you can’t translate C# to P [I hate P, mind].

And what exactly means “zones”?

For instance: see attached. What could be some GroupBy goals for these pts? (user controlled Rectangle “prob density” mimic some imaginary Floor Spaces).

LINQ_GroupPoints_V1.gh (116.0 KB)

Thanks a lot, it works!