Choose four points per floor and make a polygon

Hello All?

I have 5 story-building.

and all floors ’ grids returned

and with those points, I’m gonna choose 4~6 points among grids and make polygons per each story.( as you can see the pic. , there are a lot of grids)

and along z-axis they will be connected and make a 3-D Structure.

The problem is that the concept of Combination of grids is really challenging.

Can anyone help me?

Select four points

First Rhino.3dm (155.3 KB)
Main_Trigger.gh (18.1 KB)

Random points? Regular polygon floors are easier. Scaled, rotated or whatever:

tower_2017Sep2b.gh (18.9 KB)

1 Like

Joseph! Hi,

First of all, Thank you so much for your help and sharing your expertise.

Actually, the points selection is not random.

I simplified my problem to elaborate further on it.

As you can see, there is one plane and I divided the surface with 15x15 grids. ( 225 Points as tree were obtained )

and I wanna choose 4 points among the points and make the polygon(this is easy with polyline element)

So the ideal result is like this.

since the # of cases will be (1515)C(4) which is (1515)C(4) = 103962600, Cases of Combination, I wanna choose one of the cases with the number slider.

But as you know… it is challenging for me to properly process and get the result.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

unnamed.gh (5.4 KB)

I would avoid that condition at all costs in GH. Too many of anything takes too long to compute, which is all the worse when building a model.

I see no indication of any effort or basis for choosing points or drawing a polygon between them. Nothing? So… nothing I can do either. Can’t read your mind and don’t want to do student homework anymore.

1 Like

Assuming it takes you a quarter second to move the slider and visually inspect the result, and assuming you’ll have to -on average- search through half the list before you find the one you want, it will take you about 150 days of non-stop work.

David

I think that he actually means a “propagation” of combos (“kinda” like a variation of Tetris, so to speak).

See attached where just one combo is made (1,2 or 3 adjacent modules).

Points_AdjModules_V1.gh (122.9 KB)