Change a close curve into a even length edge polygon

Hi,

First time posting question here, I am currently trying to conver (divide) a close curve into a polygon that has even length edges. Is there a way to do it?

Thank you!

PS
Or is there a easier way to divide the close curve with a given length like 1.5 until the last segment is less than 1.5?

Hi,

here are some various options…depends what you want…

2 Likes

Hi Jakinta

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the late reply, I was quite busy with work this week.

Me and my college took a look at your solutions and noticed that not every edge is equal length in the 3rd solutions. After our own little experiments we choose to use a different method:

Since I don’t have the script with me at the moment I’ll tell you via text.

Quite dumb one actually, is that we choose to draw circle with given radius on curve and use the intersection to draw next circle and so on. We use the loop plugin from Anemone. After set amount of loops we use all the intersection points to draw polyline.

The only thing is that I have to manually set the times that it runs the loop. I’m sure there’s better ways to to it but that’s what we came up with.

Anyway thanks again for your help, I still got so much to learn on grasshopper, now I do wish I had choose grasshopper studio in my college days.

Cheers
J. W.

1 Like
2 Likes