Can't preview hatch patterns in grasshopper

Hello.
I’m using Rhino 6. I have downloaded Human and I am trying to create hatch patterns, but i can’t see the patterns before i bake them. If I bake them, they appear and only then I can see what I have done.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

the component should preview… are you getting geometry out of the “hatch geometry” output?

Thanks for answering.
Sorry for not responding before. to bypass this issue, i started to work in Rhino 5 and it worked there… But, obviously, i’d love to get back to Rhino 6.

In answer to your cuestion, no. I’m getting nothing from the output. :frowning_face:
What is the name of the component between “HatchTable” and “CreateHatch”?

Thanks Again :slight_smile:

That’s Item Selector. Does your Hatch Table have output?

I’ve opened a file with some hatches so there could be active ones. The HatchTable recognize them, but I can’t get an output. I really don’t know why :weary:

Hatch problem.gh (18.1 KB) Hatch problem.3dm (1.9 MB)

Try this python component and don’t use it with another hatch component in the same definition.

hatch.gh (7.2 KB)
Create Hatch.ghpy (34.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you!!
Maybe is a silly question, but can you help me with the second file? I have no idea what to do with it. :sweat_smile:

Ask your question , and anyone can help you

You have sent two files: One is a grasshopper file. The other… i don’t know
When I try to open the grasshopper one, the main component to which all the other are connected is missing. I supposed it is the Phyton component, but I cannot make it work. So the question is, what to do with it. How should I incorporate that second file.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just drag and drop it in grasshopper window, than open the definition again

I’m having a similar issue trying to bake multiple solid hatches following the sequence of the gradient.

EG: For a black-and-white gradient with ten intervals, I have ten solid hatches: one white, one black, and 8 that are various levels of grayscale.

Neither Andrew’s or Seghier’s script successfully preview or bake the hatches with the desired colors.

I don’t know if there an option to bake hatch color, but you can change the layer with custom color

bake hatches with colors.gh (11.9 KB)

Hi Andrew and Seghier,

I’m not sure what changed between today and when I posted this question, but I can bake and preview hatches now. Anyways, thanks for following up!

Ah I see what the issue is!

Whenever I bake a hatch using the Human components, it bakes it to the original layer named Default even if it that layer is turned off, locked, renamed, or some combination of those three.

Does this happen for anyone else?